Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Break is over....

Well it is a sad day in the Bear Cave, Christmas Break is over and the kids head back to school tomorrow. Hubby also heads back to work, he has been off for almost the entire 2 weeks the kids were off. I also head back to work this week sometime, now sure when since I am a substitute teacher so I am thinking by the end of the week, I will be getting called. I work for 6 districts, so I get called pretty much everyday by at least one of them, most days by at least 2 or 3 schools. The kids actually had an extra day off this break due to a snow day on the last day of school before break. In the past 17 days we have crammed in a lot of activities and a lot of bad weather. We sat with out power for almost 20 hours due to a huge ice storm, we spent a lot of time playing board games as a family, Saphira the Rat passed away, Santa came, Christmas with my side of the family was cancelled, so for the first time in my kids lives we stayed home in our PJ's and just opened presents and played with new stuff. I sort of liked that and may cancel Christmas with my side of the family in the future...LOL. We went to a movie, ate out way to much, spent the night at an indoor water park, the kids went ice skating for the very first time an loved it. We burnt through a ton of wood in our fire place, camped out in front of the fireplace and Christmas tree all night one night. Spent many hours with friends, baked cookies and did a lot of family time...I am sad to see it come to an end.

2 comments:

  1. That indoor water park is killer! Wish we had one of those here. Happy back-to-school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous time. Memories to last a lifetime

    ReplyDelete